4 min read
If you are building an add-on for the QuickNode Marketplace, then this guide is for you. We will cover the understanding of the add-on approval process for the QuickNode Marketplace and provide tips to ensure that your account and add-on get approved as quickly and efficiently as possible. Shown below is an overview of the approval process workflow for the QuickNode Marketplace.
Understanding the Approval Stages for Marketplace
As you go through the application process of creating an add-on, you will encounter four approval stages:
- Stage 1: Applying for a Developer Account
- Stage 2: Applying for Add-on Testing Access
- Stage 3: Requesting Beta Testing Access
- Stage 4: Applying for Add-on Publishing
Stage 1: Applying for Developer Account
First, you'll need to apply for a Developer account to gain access and start proposing new add-ons.
From your QuickNode Account dashboard, you can navigate to the application by clicking the Developers tab on the left navigation bar. Fill out the Marketplace account application and then accept the terms and conditions as shown below:
Once you have completed the application, your application will be moved to a pending state. Its approval or rejection can take up to 10 business days. If approved, you will be able to access the add-on Creation page.
If rejected, you will receive a response with a reason why the application was rejected. At this point, you can re-submit your application through the same application process but with the correct information.
Once your Developer application is approved, you are on your way to creating your add-on!
Stage 2: Applying Add-on Testing Access
You're ready to submit your proposed add-on and supporting information (add-on URLs, features, connections, etc.). Follow the instructions below for creating an External add-on or RPC Method add-on:
Before submitting the add-on for test access review, please review the following items:
- Ensure all necessary URLs are tested and working
- When creating multiple RPC methods for the add-on, ensure that all of the data has been tested and is working
- Ensure all features are clearly documented and defined
- Ensure to add all the necessary screenshots
- Ensure all plans are reviewed and the features are assigned accordingly per each plan
Make sure that your add-on meets the requirements above!
After creating the add-on, you will submit a request for test access. The QuickNode Marketplace team will review the add-on and validate the provided information.
Stage 3: Requesting Beta Testing Access
This next stage consists of requesting beta test access to allow at most 10 beta testers to begin testing the new add-on.
Before submitting the add-on for beta test access, ensure to check the following items:
- Ensure to test all the necessary connections and features
- Ensure to have a support team to be able to capture and address any bugs or defects
- Identify at least 10 distinct Beta Testers to invite that are ideally your target users
- Set internal goals on what you want to achieve during this beta test and methods to measure the goal(s)
- You have ensured that any user documentation about the add-on is polished and completed
Once your add-on has been approved for the Beta Testing phase, invite 10 distinct Beta users to start testing the add-on and its feature(s).
Stage 4: Apply for Add-on Publishing
As we complete the Beta testing, the add-on is one step closer to being ready for publication on the QuickNode Marketplace.
This last stage includes requesting to publish the add-on to the public on the QuickNode Marketplace. This means that the add-on was successfully tested by 10 distinct Beta test users with an adequate number of transactions for a month. The add-on should be able to handle at least tens of millions of requests daily. Lastly, all the bugs or defects captured in Beta Testing should be resolved.
Prior to the request for publishing, ensure to verify the following items:
- All beta users must have completed sufficient testing to achieve the internal goals
- All bugs/defects resolutions are captured and documented
- Your add-on Support team is ready to go live for publishing
- Ensure any user documentation about the add-on is updated and completed
Once you have verified all the items above, you are ready to submit the add-on to be published. The QuickNode Marketplace team will review the request and notify you with any feedback if needed. Each approval stage can take 5-10 business days. Once approved, the add-on will automatically be published live in the Marketplace.
That's it! You've got all the tools you need to build an RPC add-on and push through each approval stage in the QuickNode Marketplace! We're excited to see what you come up with. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out on Discord or Twitter.
We ❤️ Feedback!
If you have any feedback or questions on this guide, let us know. We’d love to hear from you!